Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chester Clippers: Undefeated and still Champions

delcotimes picture
I must be a diehard Clippers’ fan. I decided last minute to go to the game on the bus. I just could not miss this game. Going on the bus, I thought I would be roughing it on a yellow school bus. Facing the prospect of a long three hours ride to Penn State University, I was not looking forward to the ride. Last year, I rode in comfort and stayed overnight. I had a great time.

On the way to the Bryce Jordan Center, I took the Bogle bus. Debra Bogle, Chester High School Math Teacher, organized this trip every year. Ms. Bogle takes care of her people. A bus load of Clippers’ fans enjoyed a coach bus ride with Wanda Mann’s fried chicken, a variety of chips, and plenty of bottled water. I watched 3 movies, including The Help which I had not seen, and took 2 naps going and coming back from the game. I had a great time.

Oh, yeah about the game, Clippers won. If you were not at the game, you watched it on TV. The Chester High School Clippers played Lower Merion High School for the final championship title. This was the second straight title win for Chester. Here are the scores again.

First Quarter: CHS 9 to 11 LMHS
Second Quarter: CHS 22 to 16 LMHS
Third Quarter: CHS 38 to 27 LMHS
Fourth Quarter: CHS 59 to 33 LMHS

Chester struggled in the first quarter but these Clippers know how to heat things up fast. I saw a lot of missed shots on both sides but they got the points. Lower Merion came out fast and played hard in the first quarter but was burnt out quickly. I recommend that teams who come up against the Clippers get some stamina because Chester has got energy to burn. Clippers can outlast teams for all four quarters. They know how to pace themselves and come out with a great win every time. 

Congratulations Clippers on winning the PIAA Class AAAA title for the second year.
Thanks for all who kept the blog informed when I could not make it to the games, Dave Burman, Yesgod TV, Delcotimes.com, and my very own Basketball Buddy. 

For more on the game  Click Here 
McCaffery: At Chester, hoops perfection arrives (With Video)
By CHRISTOPHER A. VITO



No comments:

Post a Comment