Monday, February 3, 2014

Did the Super Bowl measure up?



This was the worst Super Bowl I have seen since the Eagles lost to the Patriots in 2005. This was the worst game circa Any Reid. I did not have anything invested in the game since my team was not playing. I picked the Broncos but they hit a rocky mountain low. I would never pick the Seahawks. Although where was Richard Sherman with the choke sign when the Broncos needed it. The Broncos didn’t come to play or win. The game was lopsided from the first snap over Peyton Manning’s head. By half-time, I was thinking this guy better be getting a heck of a lot of more money than his contract for throwing the game. Manning, you may have a Super Bowl ring but some of those pathetic guys playing with you don’t. At fortyish you can retire from football and go into acting. You’re funny. You’re a natural. You can make the transition easy. Look, Tim Tebow is making commercials without a football contract. 

I was done watching at half-time. Thank God for remotes, I switched channels to watch a nice movie, Groundhog Day.

What was wrong with the Super Bowl?

1. XLVIII: This means 48? Who still uses Roman numeral as numbers? I haven’t had to learn this stuff since the ancient days. I can’t balance my checkbook with it. Get rid of it! Americans don’t even use the metric system much less Roman numbers.

2. Super Bowl in the east: I don’t care what the temperature was; it’s a no for me.

3. Super Bowl in February: Football should end in January. Super Bowl should be the last Sunday in January not on Groundhog Day.

4. Commercials: $4 million for 30 second spot is a waste of money but I did like the Cure Auto commercial, very funny. Click Here to see the commercial 

5. Snap: Peyton Manning you should be ashamed of yourself!

What was the worst part of the Super Bowl for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment