Monday, August 5, 2013

PRESS CONFERENCE SET TO INTRODUCE BOXING EXHIBITION SERIES

CHESTER, PA- All media are welcomed, as Hon. Mayor John A. Linder will hold a press conference in conjunction with Big Cat Productions inside Chester City Hall on Tuesday, August 6th at 2:00PM. Damon Feldman's Champions of Tomorrow has teamed up with Big Cat Last Round Inc Foundation and Mayor Linder to help bring an end to youth violence in the city. ‘Put The Guns Down & Pick The Gloves Up’ is the slogan of a premiere series of upcoming boxing exhibitions hosted by Big Cat’s Last Round Inc. beginning August 15th at The Deck, in Essington PA. Boxing will make its mark here in Delaware County and more in the City of Chester as Boxing Promoter, former Undefeated pro 9-0 Damon Feldman, two time World Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist Meldrick Taylor in association with Big Cat's Last Round Foundation teams up with Mayor Linder and the City of Chester.

“This is the perfect way to stop violence. I have been boxing since I was a kid and boxing gave me a sense of direction. My mom was a quadriplegic for my whole life I didn’t have a mom around. My dad raised me, and boxing gave me discipline and direction, the right direction. I started in Chester and Boxing was big then. The time is right to bring it back and bring it back with a meaning by showing kids to forget violence and crimes and take it to the ring where they can make a big name for themselves and help people. Linking up with James Gibbs Jr. and Greg Hackett from the House of Pain Boxing Gym on 3rd and Yarnell is like a dream and to be involved with the Mayor is the icing on the cake, I want to help Chester.” Damon Feldman

A Raffle is set to take place during the series with all proceeds going to Mayor John Linder’s several youth initiatives, funding programs including Chester’s Employer Paid Internship Program, Mayor’s Scholarship Awards, and the Chester Youth Collaborative- Mayoral Older Youth Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment