Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chester Basketball ends Season with Silver

delcotimes picture


Unbelievable loss for Chester, as the Boys Basketball team went up against Lower Merion for the PIAA State Championship title. The report, Lower Merion won over Chester 63 to 47. 

No, I did not make the long trip to Hershey to see the game. No, I did not watch the game on TV. And no, I did not pay to watch the game online. Call it a bad feeling, but I decided to wait for the news to come out, win or not.  The game preview had Chester winning by 18 points not losing by 16 especially to a team they have beaten before. That’s what makes it so unbelievable but I wasn’t there to see the game. Chester is a much better team than Lower Merion. I am glad I’m not a gambler because I would have lost this bet big time. 

But there is nothing wrong with getting silver. Chester certainly has proven itself as winners with back to back State Championships. Jack McCaffery said it best, “And despite the finish, Chester will be remembered for winning 79 consecutive games against Pennsylvania teams, for its dual championships, and for the first-in-school history perfect season of 2012.” McCaffery also asked some tough questions about the future of Chester basketball and the looming prospect of the district. To read more Click Here

However the finish, Congratulations to the Clippers Boys Basketball team for making it to the state championship for the past 3 years. Awe-inspiring champions! 

Other reports Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment