Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy 80th Birthday Mom



A friend of my Mom sent this poem to her for her 80th birthday:
(This poem was written to someone in the Newspaper on their 80th Birthday)

80th Birthday Poem

Eighty today, Dear Lord, I am 80, and there’s much I haven’t done
I hope, Dear Lord, you’ll let me live until I’m 81
But, if I haven’t finished all I want to do
Would you please let me stay awhile, until I’m 82?
So many places I want to go, so much I want to see
Do you think you could manage to make it 83?
Many things I may have done, but there’s so much left in store
I’d like it very much to live to 84
And if by then, I’m still alive,
Then I’d like to stay to 85
The world is changing very fast so I’d really like to stick
And see what happens to the world, when I’m 86
I know, Dear Lord, It’s a lot to ask, and it will be nice in heaven
But I’d really like to stay around until I’m 87
I know by then I won’t be fast and sometimes I’ll be late
But it would be oh-so-pleasant to be around at 88
I will have seen so many things and had a wonderful time
So, I’m sure that I’ll be willing to leave at 89 (Well__Maybe)

No comments:

Post a Comment