Sunday, February 5, 2012

E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles! The Dream Team or the Green Team (Super Bowl XLVI Pick)


As an Eagles fan, I will miss out on another Super Bowl with my favorite team in it. What makes me an Eagles fan? We go way back. I was an usher at Veterans Stadium way back in the day. I was usually up in the 600 level with some of the biker crowd. I even saw Scott Palmer when he used to report the sports for 6 action news. I did not get to see a lot of the games but I was there one time when the Eagles beat the Giants. 

This football season, I started out reporting on the Chester Clippers Football Team with Coach Crews. I wrote that he had a green team. The team was new after most of the star Clippers graduated and left for college. Most went to Widener University. This is how I saw the Eagles; most of them were new to each other. Individually, they were all that and it just seemed like they were the dream team. But the Eagles sure played like they were a green team. 

Eagles may make some changes but hopefully not too big or else they will have to start all over again. I think the team started to jell together near the end of the season and started playing better. Eagles wrapped up some wins and if they had started out not so green, the Eagles would be at the Super Bowl today. So I am going to stick with the Eagles one more year as us diehard fans always do after sulking about missing out on another Super Bowl. Alright green time is over! I am hoping to see the dream team next year. 

P.S:  My Super Bowl pick will never be the Patriots. They may win but I ain’t picking them. My team could have won against them in Super Bowl XXXIX. That was a hard loss for fans to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment