Friday, April 22, 2011

April is National Poetry Month


Poem on display at CHS Library for National Poetry Month

When I look back on us
And how we used to be
When the sun was shining
And the grass was still green
When we used to laugh and talk
And stay up all night
When you told me you loved me
And everything would be alright
Life was perfect then
But look at us now
The sun’s not shining
And the grass has turned brown
The sky’s now gray. Gloomy, and lonely
I wouldn’t believe back then
That you would ever deceive or hurt me
I remember when I looked into your eyes
And you looked back in to mine
When you felt my heart beat fast for the first time
I know you remember
How could either of us forget?
The tears that I shed
And the pain I tried to forget
When countless times
You preached to me that you cared
I guess that was all a lie
Because you never shed a tear
Even when you hurt me
I cared about you still
So I’m letting you know now
My love was always real
So when you get a chance to read this
I don’t want you to feel sorry
I just want to let you know
I came out on top and stronger than you’d ever imagined I’d be

By Bryanna Belvin

No comments:

Post a Comment