Thursday, December 30, 2010

Basketball: UNCG vs. Duke

After a busy schedule the past few months, I took a few days for some R and R. I went down South and got lucky enough to catch a good game. I am sure Chester Basketball fans can appreciate this event. Yesterday an old Chester High School friend took me to see the game at the Coliseum in North Carolina. Wow! Going to the game was a big deal. This game was sold out. It was fun to see Duke, the top team in the country, play with the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Both teams are good but apparently Duke is top dog. I was rooting for UNCG but I somehow had Duke's colors on and ended up sitting in the Duke's section. My friend actually played for Chester High School and UNCG back in the day. My sons thought it was cool for me to get to see the game. One said, “It was next level stuff.” I loved the Coliseum. The game was a little lopsided with Duke winning by 46 points. The score was 108-62. Nolan Smith, number 2 on the Duke Team, whose father Derek Smith played with the 76ers in 1989 and 1990 maybe a contender for the team.  

This is the time of year when some 12th graders might be considering these schools. Watching the games, may help some with the decision on where to go to school. Seeing the game was fun, fun, fun for me. See some highlights of the game on a separate post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment