Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Chester Children's Chorus-I Still Can't Breathe Lyrics


Requested Lyrics with video, Youtube

I Still Can’t Breathe

Can you hear me?  I still can’t breathe.
Can you hear me?  I still can’t breathe.

When you see me walking down the street, why are you afraid of me?
I’m the one who ought to run to a place where I’d be free.
You taught me how to sing your song, “Sweet land of liberty.”
I smiled and gave the world the blues.  Why are you afraid of me?

Can you hear me?  I still can’t breathe.
Can you hear me?  I still can’t breathe.

My tears are just like yours, but they last a little longer.
My fears are just like yours, but they’re so much stronger.
My love, my love is just like yours.  In the One we both believe.
If you watched your children disappear, would you find it hard to breathe?

I gave you such sweet poetry; gave you your Renaissance.
I gave America its music; taught you how to dance.
I fought for you, I died for you; helped make the whole world free.
When you see me walking down the street, why are you afraid of me?

Can you hear me?  I still can’t breathe.
Can you hear me?  I still can’t breathe.
         
          I can't breathe.
I can't breathe.
I can't breathe.....


*Update
The video has to undergo some minor modifications because of content. We had some national interest in the video and now must do these edits to push it forward. Once we have it straightened out, the link you have will work. Unfortunately, it could be several weeks until it is fixed. We'll keep you posted. Kirsten Halker-Kratz, Executive Director, CCC


3 comments:

  1. I had posted the great performance of I still can't breathe on my blog, http://engagingpeace.com on April 17, 2016, but am now informed that the video is private and cannot be played without permission. Can someone tell me how to seek permission?
    Kathie Malley-Morrison
    Swarthmore 1962

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, also, do not have access to the video because Chester Children's Chorus administrators have change the view from public to private for unknown reasons. Hopefully, they will change it back to public. In the meantime, please contact the person who sent out the email with the video at Chester Children's Chorus khalker1@swarthmore.edu via mail180.wdc02.mcdlv.net

      Delete
    2. Here is our answer: The video has to undergo some minor modifications because of content. We had some national interest in the video and now must do these edits to push it forward. Once we have it straightened out, the link you have will work. Unfortunately, it could be several weeks until it is fixed. We'll keep you posted. Kirsten Halker-Kratz, Executive Director, CCC

      Delete