Monday, January 18, 2016

My Dream is…10 Top Comments from Young People



On this Martin Luther King Day of Observance here are some of the comments that I received recently from young people. My dream is…

One dream I have for my city is to end Gun Violence. Now a days everyone has a gun, and isn’t afraid to use it. It is easier for them to pull a trigger than to fight it out. Most of the deaths in the city Chester today are caused by gun fire. I think if there weren’t any guns we wouldn’t have any problems with this. A lot of lives have been lost over this situation. 

“Black Lives Matter” but now a days people don’t take advantage of what Martin Luther King did for us. I have a dream that African Americans stop wasting their time selling drugs and go to school and get the proper education. I have a dream black’s stop fighting over the back of the bus and sit in the front where we couldn’t sit. I have a dream that African Americans stop dropping out after high school so that it could be more blacks in upper class. 

I have a dream that people all over the world will find other ways to take children out of their parents’ life. There are plenty of alternatives that mothers aren’t aware of that don’t put themselves or the baby at risk.

I have a dream that one day the world will become a better place. I have a dream racism will end and everyone can come together as friends even better as a family. I have a dream that one day people will be treated equally and not judged or blamed for things because of the color of their skin.

I have a dream that one day everyone will have the opportunity to attend college even if they’re less fortunate. Just because someone is less fortunate doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be able to go to college.

Minimum wage in the U.S is currently $7.25 an hour. I have a dream that minimum wage will be raised. Just by simply raising the national minimum wage to $10.10 an hour from $7.25 would lift 900,000 people out of poverty. $7.25 is barely enough to support a family. Most minimum-wage workers aren't teenagers these days.

My dream for America is to let the young grow in serenity and self-respect especially with the black race. I have a dream that all black boys and girls will grow up with a father also that young black men won’t become fathers until after they’re married and they have a job. I have a dream that all young black men will say “no” to gangs and to drugs. All black young people will graduate from high school. Also that today’s black leadership will quit blaming racism and “the system” for what ails black America. I have a dream that black America will take responsibility for improving their own lives. I have a dream that one day black America will cease their dependency on the government plantation, which has enslaved them to lives of poverty, and instead depend on themselves, their families, their churches, and their communities. I have a dream that the crime rate of the black teens would reduce and they’d grow up to be responsible adults with successful futures. I have a dream that it won’t be a surprise to all that the Black Americans can evolve to world leaders.

My dream would be to help all the children that’s being hurt and sent from foster home to foster home. I don’t think it’s fair to them that they can’t be with their birth mother and or birth father they didn’t ask to come in this world and they really didn’t ask to be sent to a foster home with people that beat them, don’t feed them, and they don’t feel right at their house. I look at it as if your grown enough to lay down and get pregnant then you should be old enough to get up and take care of that child to your fullest no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Also people get pregnant and get an abortion like that’s the way to go out when it’s not. Abortions should be banned in the United States and everywhere else and people need to open up their eyes and take care of their responsibility’s at the end of the day.

I have a dream that one day all the damage we have caused by polluting the Earth will be fixed and return the Earth to its natural state. The pollution being caused by us is slowly, but slowly increasing speed, killing the Earth.

In our society we are seeing more and more of police brutality. Which makes it worse is that these cops that so called “for the law” are getting away with it. Now in my opinion if they were really so for the law they would turn their self in because as a police officer your main job is to reinforce the law and to rightfully deal with the ones that break it. All you see now in days is cops killing innocent you kids. I always thought that cops were trained to injure and not trained to kill; so my question why are so many cops killing the kids of the future. Their line of defense is that they scared, but even so they are trained to injure. Police officer are supposed to be people we run to in a time of need but how are we supposed to trust them when they killing us. If we want to get anywhere in this world the only way we can do it is stop giving anyone a badge and a gun and start having some reliable trustworthy men as our head protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment