Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Debate Advice for President Obama




When Joe Biden came out swinging in his debate with “What a bunch of Malarkey,” I thought wow finally we have a spirited debate. While we expect Joe to be, well, Joe, we don’t expect you to really be over the top. What we do expect is for you to be more upbeat in your debate. Please look up! My mom said she had to turn away because you kept looking down. It made me queasy. We want to erase the word “Lackluster.” Let’s face it, whether we support you or not, we still want you to do well.  

Here is our new word, Shenanigans. Why? One morning, out of many mornings, rushing to drop my son off at the school bus stop and then get to work on time, my son turned to me and said, “And none of your shenanigans!” He was serious. I didn’t say anything but my expression was, Say what? Are you talking to me? Of course, I knew what he was talking about. Every time we go to the bus stop, the bus driver was pulling off. Sometimes I raced to the next stop blowing my horn and the driver ignores me and pulls off again. I had to give up and take him all the way to school then get to work on time. For some reason this only happened in his 12th grade year. Now my son is in his second year of college and we can look back and laugh about this. The truth is I miss our crazy mornings. But he was right.

“None of your Shenanigans,” hold your head up and step up your game. My son registered to vote for the first time. This Presidential Election will be the first time he casts his vote. Let it be for the right man!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment