Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Olympics Top 10 Picture Moments


It’s probably no secret that I watched a lot of the Olympic Games. I have made a couple posts on it. With nothing else to watch, I resigned myself to tune in.  From the opening ceremonies (DVR) to the closing ceremonies, I thought that London did a great job. The Games were at their best. Here are some of my favorite picture moments:


Brian Snyder/REUTERS
Everyone loves this picture including me. The perfect picture of disappointment by gymnast Makayla Maroney. This picture is viral everywhere.

Michael Steele - Getty Images
Phenoms team of Tianna Madison, Allyson Felix, Bianca Knight, and Carmelita Jeter won the 4x100-meter relay and broke the world record.
Streeter Lecka/Getty Image
Lolo Jones missed a bronze medal in the 100-meter hurdles.
Controversy erupted over what I would say “Don’t hate me because I'm beautiful…” Lolo said she worked 6 days a week for a 12 minutes race. (Cricket Sound)
Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports - US Presswire
More female phenoms, the American Women Gymnastic Team won all-around gold including the first African American gymnast, Gabby Douglas, to win gold.
Robert Deutsch/USA Today - US Presswire
Usain Bolt now has a total of 6 gold medals from back to back Olympics. So if this guy is a legend...

Michael Madrid-USA TODAY Sports - US Presswire

 ...then what do you call this guy with 18 gold medals and 22 total medals. One thing I know is that Michael Phelps likes to help out his friends and give them a fighting chance and then game on. Good for you.

Robert Deutsch - US Presswire

South Africa's Oscar Pistorius advanced to the semifinals in the 400 at the Olympics

Elise Amendola - AP Images
Loved this tennis match for the gold. Serena Williams kicked it!

From Inspire a generation

Russia Rythmic Gymnastics Group All-Around qualifier, they use ribbons, balls, hula hoops, whatever... no not into this sport.

From Inspire a generation

Canada competes in the Women's Teams Synchronised Swimming Free Routine final. Ugliest Swim Suits Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment