Saturday, April 21, 2012

Think like a Man


Two years ago a male friend gave me this book to read, “Act like a Lady, Think like a Man”, written by Steve Harvey. My friend was sharing some relationship advice. The book was different. Steve Harvey shared his observation and experience on what women could do to improve their relationships. I did not think the book would be made into a movie. The movie, “Think like a Man”, stayed very true to the book. The romantic comedy starred many of today’s popular actors and actresses Michael Ealy, Gabrielle Union, Kevin Hart, Taraji P. Henson, Jenifer Lewis, Chris Brown, with Steve Harvey making appearances. The one thing that stuck in my head about the book was the 90 day rule. My friend did not believe in the rule but I think there maybe something to it. If you haven’t read the book or seen the movie on the 90 day rule, check those sources out to learn more about it. 

I still have the book. Although I haven’t picked it up in two years, it’s good for reference if I ever need it. But I doubt it. “Think like a Man” is a good date movie. If anything, it can lead to some meaningful discussions. Ladies whether you have a momma’s boy, a non-committer, the guy with potential, a player, or whatever, you can probably recognize the type of man you have from the movie. The women from the movie followed Harvey’s advice but when the men discovered where they were getting advice, turn about was fair play. But every romantic comedy has a happy ending, right? 

If you do not want nor need relationship advice, if anything go enjoy the movie. I think it’s a good one. To read a summary, read reviews, or watch the trailer Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment