Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Academy Awards: Oscar Picks



The Academy Awards have always been a big deal for me but not this year. I usually keep up with most if not all the movies. But I have slacked off on a few pleasures because of my new assignment. It has just sucked the life out of me. I can equate this experience to maybe being nailed to a cross or having a bunch of leeches stuck on you. Better still, I recently watched Rock Center with Brian Williams in which there was a report on rhino poaching in Africa. Poachers were cutting off the rhino’s horns and leaving them to die; Very traumatic to say the least. 

So I have watched no Oscar movies this year. If I remember the only time I went to the movies was to watch Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol in IMAX at the King of Prussia Theater.  I liked the movie so I am picking it for best picture, Tom Cruise for best actor, Paula Patton for best actress (sort of), and the others for supporting roles. Thumbs up for best stunts and effects especially seen in IMAX. All in fun but Tom Cruise is a phenomenon in the Mission Impossible movies.

I may tune in to see Billy Crystal host. He does a great job hosting. My top hosts are Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, and Conan O’Brien.  I may also tune in to see Viola Davis win Best Actress for “The Help”. I have seen her movies. She can act for real. The best part of the Oscars is watching Fashion Police the day after. Joan Rivers makes fashion funny for the E channel. 

Select your own Oscar picks: Click Here
Final 2012 Oscar Predictions and Your Turn to Vote


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment