Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Youth Leadership Academy a Student's Experience

Picture from the event


By Guest Blogger Byranna Belvin

When I was first asked to represent Chester High School in the Youth Leadership Academy, I was very excited. I’ve never been in a program like this before and the experience was priceless. I learned so much during the 3 days that we held meetings. During the 3 days I had the opportunity to meet and work with local business, government, community and media leaders. I also learned that there’s more to being a leader than just be able to lead. You have to impact others, set high standards, accept help when needed and also listen to others. Mostly all the schools in Delaware County were there. All the kids from other schools were sophomores just like me. At the end of the program they held a reception where I was awarded a certificate for completion of the program. I would advise all the 10th graders next year to become apart of the academy.

See previous posting on Youth Leadership Academy: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 Click Here

2 comments:

  1. It is good news to know that some students are on the right path and are doing the right thing.

    Congratulations Bryanna!

    ReplyDelete