Saturday, April 9, 2011

Prayer Vigil and Peace Rally in Chester

Site of the incident
This evening there was a prayer vigil and peace rally held for those victims & families of last night’s tragedy at the Minaret Temple. The vigil was held at the site. This tragedy affected the whole community. The incident touched all of us who were familiar with the victims. The gathering was emotional as Reverend Williams spoke to the crowd. Another rally is planned outside of Chester High after school on Monday.
 
Our hearts and prayers go out to all involved.

Relative of the victim praying
Show of support for a family member
unconsoled family member
Rev. Williams speaking to the crowd
Police Chaplin Rocky Brown
Byron Scott covering the story for NBC 10
Show of support from the community
For more on the news story see links below at Delcotimes.com

2 dead, 8 wounded, suspect in custody after gunfire at Chester party

Neighbors deal with another senseless tragedy in Chester

Vigil offers support to families, friends of Chester shooting victims (With Video)
By JEFF WOLFE

What they're saying about Chester shooting

14 comments:

  1. R.I.P. DAVE & ROBEL GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    ALWAYS IN MY HEART ILY WHETHER U ARE HERE OR NOT. WHY U ROBEL, WE GREW UP TOGETHER,WE WENT TO SCHOOL TOGETHER. MAN IT KIND OF HARD TO SEE U GO LIKE THIS. I LOVE YA'LL WITH ALL MY HEART.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being there while it happened made me realize that life is really too short. My deepest sympathy go out to both families of the victims that were killed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so hurt and speechless about their deaths. I hope and pray Chester can stop the violence and be a family because it's a small city and we are all we got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.I.P Dave & Robel and we will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This disaster makes me not want to plan any social events in Chester. This tragedy is national, people are talking about it in Georgia. How embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. R.I.P. DAVE AND ROBEL GONE, NOT FORGOTTEN. Things like this is the reason why I don't go to big parties. To the families of both victims keep your heads high.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Chester is better than this. To the families of the victims i'm very sorry for your loses I pray for you and hope you will have the strength to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sympathy goes out to the families who's kids were involved in the shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. R.I.P DAVID & ROBEL GONE BUT NEVER WILL YALL BE FORGOTTEN WATCH OVER YALL FAMILIES,GWS TO ALL THE OTHER VICTIMS, MY SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO YALL FAMILIES...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Words cannot explain the sympathy that I feel for the victims who's life were taken and who were lucky to still be alive.

    gws & r i p to the people who were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. R.I.P DAVE & ROBEL AND GET WELL SOON. TO ALL THE OTHERS THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THE SHOOTING, THIS JUST SHOWS THAT PEOPLE CANT GET TOGETHER AND HAVE A GOOD TIME WITHOUT SOMETHING HAPPENING.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man it's just sad and embarrassing to know we are killing eachother everyday. My prayer's are with all of the families of the kids who were involved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. R.i.p- Dave & Robel gone but never forgotten...

    ReplyDelete