Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chester High School’s Mid-Year Awards Ceremony


Michael Robinson, Motivational Speaker
The Clip Joint was jumping yesterday even before the Clippers won the District 1 Championship. Chester High opened its ceremony with the Chester High School Band which pumped up the crowd with their vibrant marching music. The crowd of students was spirited for the occasion. The guest speaker was Michael Robinson. A former graduate of Chester High School, he gave a rousing speech on “Aspire Higher, Dare to be Great!”  He has a M.S in Counseling and is the Founding Director of the Center for Male Engagement at the Community College of Philadelphia. Mr. Robinson has recently given motivational speeches in the district at last year’s graduation and the opening convocation at the beginning of the school year. Mr. Robinson was there to kick off the testing for the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA Test).  His speech was geared to motivate students for testing. 

The Awards Ceremony recognized students who have made achievements so far this school year. Awards were given in all subject areas for Perfect Attendance, Outstanding Citizenship, and Academic Excellence. Special recognition was given to clubs like Hi-Q and Mock Trial Competitions which did very well. 

Congratulations to all the recipients of the awards. Keep up the good work. Good luck with the PSSA test. 

For more on test taking tips and practice test go to:
www.educationplanner.org

4 comments:

  1. I think that Chester High is now starting to step up and make a change for the good (let's Go C Pride).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Awards Ceremony was really nice. The band was awesome. I am also proud of myself for getting Academic Excellence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Awards Ceremony was awesome I had so much fun I almost cried when my cousin got his award. Congratulations to all that got an award!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy for myself & others; I enjoy being in school & learning a lot. What I like about school is my MCJROTC Instructors.The Awards Ceremony was great I like the Awards I got but I will be looking forward for my other Awards that I know I have! I would like to give a Thanks to all my teachers & everyone that has something to do with me and that's apart of my life. Very special thanks to Myra Lineberry, Angela Jefferson, & most of all Cherell Alexander. I love you all! Also to Dr. Joyce Wells, Thank you to!

    ReplyDelete