Friday, January 7, 2011

Chester vs. Penn Wood

Clippers
#2 Darius Robinson making a foul shot
I went to my first Chester Basketball game of the season last night.  My son, a high school senior, offered to attend the game with me. I don’t know why it took me so long to go because the game was spectacular. When I recently went to the Duke’s game in North Carolina, I thought that was a big deal. But going to a Chester game felt like I was at a NBA game. From the moment the team came on the court with the music playing, the crowd was pumped up. The gym was packed with fans. It seemed like everyone was there, the Mayor, top administrators from the school district like the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent who we actually sat next to, School Board Members, Principals, Teachers, Students, many from the community, and the press. Every moment of the game was truly exciting. 

If you were looking for a play by play action on this site, then you won’t get it here. I was too caught up in watching the game. The Clippers made it so exciting to watch the game. This game was packed with action. The game was close at times but Chester brought it home 71 to 65.

The whole team was great but I want to send a special shout out to #1 Kareem Robinson (guard), #2 Darius Robinson (guard), and #34 Tavuane Griffin (forward). You guys did a great job. 

I'm not going to keep you all hanging anymore. If you really want the play by play action connect to these delcotimes articles:
 
Live Blog during Chester/Penn Wood Boys Basketball Game:
http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/01/06/sports/high_school/doc4d262ceaa6bab716100067.txt 
Confident Chester tops Penn Wood (With Video)
http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/01/07/sports/high_school/doc4d269f8f154cc576756127.txt?viewmode=fullstory  
Chester renews rivalry, beats Penn Wood
http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/01/06/sports/doc4d26941adea15013492836.txt?viewmode=fullstory 
TOOHEY: Chester knows it had to have this one
http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/01/06/sports/high_school/doc4d269f44c0e5d973751295.txt?viewmode=fullstory 

I believe I am the only one with comments. Read Darius and other student's comments below.






11 comments:

  1. It's funny how people change when involved in a sport. Its funny to see these people get seriously into the game. The Clips did a great job though. Congrats to them and the supporters who came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Chester. We did a great job on beating our arch rivals, who had beat us 3 times in 2 years. So we had to show them that were back, and again good job on the win fellas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the game last night and it was a good game. It was hyped and all the players did a great job. Especially when Darius Robinson hit that buzzard beater and when Tavuane Richardson dunked on the Penn Wood player at the end of the game. Overall it was a good game and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that Chester High won a game yesterday. Keep it up Chester High basketball team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD COME BACK LAST NIGHT BOYS YOU DID GREAT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND LAST MAKE IT TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP LETS GO CLIPPERS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to the game last night for my first time & I had so much fun, all thanks to Elantra R. Numbers 34 & 23 did yall best. My home team did good. I enjoy the game last night it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to the game last night and it was so AWESOME the game was so close at times but C-PRIDE pulled through and made a FOOl out of a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to the Chester High vs. Penn Wood game last night and had so much fun. It was like I was really at a NBA game for a min. It was really funny how they got serious when they were playing. Good job clippers, now lets go to state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(whoot whoot)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the clippers... keep up the good work guys yalll rocked the high/house last night thats what im talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't get to experience the game physically but I heard that we did a great job against Penn Wood. So good job Clippers yall showed off. Keep it up. GO CLIPPERS!!!! C-PRIDE

    ReplyDelete
  11. CHECK OUT THE FULL OFFICIAL VIDEO ON YESGOD TV YOUTUBE AND ON FACEBOOK!!!! * I PROMISE RESPECT*

    ReplyDelete